Five Android apps that prolong your smartphone’s battery life
Have you ever found yourself wishing that your Android’s battery would last longer? Don’t answer that — I already know. Here’s a list of five of my favorite apps for prolonging the life of your Android’s battery. This collection of apps will not only extend the life of your handset, but could also improve its overall performance.
JuiceDefender is an Android based application dedicated to the intelligent management of the energy of your Smartphone.
It allows to significantly increase the autonomy of your device manager to enable and disable WiFi, Bluetooth, access data and other components according to their use or necessity. Some tasks can thus be activated only when the screen is on for example.
– 5 Preset Profiles (from default mode to full customization)
– Easy and Intuitive User Interface
– Home screen Battery Widgets
– Mobile Data toggle automation
– 2G/3G toggle automation**
– WiFi toggle automation + Auto-Disabling option
– Location-aware WiFi Control (e.g. enable WiFi only at home/work, disable it otherwise)
– Battery Consumption Optimization (e.g. when screen off, battery under threshold, etc.)
– Comprehensive Connectivity Scheduling (regular schedule, night time/peak time, week days/weekends)
– Connectivity Control for Specific Apps with Interactive Training mode
– CPU scaling when phone is idle**
– Smart Brightness control
– Bluetooth control with Automatic Reconnect
– Full Activity Log
– It’s FREE!
This app helps you get your device running smoothly like before by identifying which bad behaving apps are and placing them in hibernation until you actually use the said app again. Doing this would ensure that these apps would not lag the device and leach battery power. Greenify NEVER EVER collects your personal data despite the capability of accessibility service, it just takes advantage of it to automate things.
Go Battery Saver & Power Widget
Go Battery Saver & Power Widget – It is a wonderful battery saving app which is capable of extending your battery life. Power saving mode, smart saving, power control, power testing etc.
– Accurately estimates battery remaining time
– Widget that improves battery performance with personalized UI design
– Indicates how much battery power will be extended if you shut down WiFi, Bluetooth,etc
– Battery consumption optimization in just one click
– Smart battery save
– Charging Maintenance to help keep the charging process safe and healthy
Battery Aid – Saver & Manager
Battery Aid works alongside your device & Battery Saver mode to increase battery life even further
Beautiful Material design – No ads!
BattStats: All your Battery Statistics in one beautiful place.
Low Battery helper.
Auto-stop Wifi / Bluetooth / Data, when not in use – i.e. Not connected to a Wifi network, or Paired with a Bluetooth device, for the given period.
Simple Screen controls. Quickly minimise brightness to save battery.
Auto-enable Bluetooth in a Car Dock!
Reminders of good times to charge, e.g. battery low at bed time.
Take back your battery life beautifully.
Tasker is a puzzling little app on first glance, and while Tasker does many, many, many things, the easiest explanation is Tasker is an automation app that takes advantage of Android’s openness and versatility to help you do more. Want to turn on Bluetooth when you get in the car? Tasker can do that. Want to disable your lockscreen while you’re at home? Tasker can do that, too. Want to hack together your own personal assistant to read out texts and caller ID while driving, and dictate responses? Tasker can do that, and one of its plugins can do it even better. Tasker can replace (and does replace) many apps for many people, if they delve into the actions and contexts that can make all of this happen and tinker.