Galaxy S6 Edge Plus catches fire

A Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ recently turned into a smores making campfire cooking utensil as it sat right on the user’s bed, not covered by a pillow or sheets.Galaxy S6 Edge Plus catches fire

While the phone was just sitting on the bed, the device owner suddenly heard a sizzling sound and smelled some “nasty fumes.” As we hinted at, the charger that came out of the box was not the one being used to charge the phone at the time it caught fire. Instead, a charger for the Samsung Galaxy S III was used.

According to the Repair Center in Pembroke Pines Florida, the use of the Galaxy S III charger could not have caused the fire. Possibilities include a faulty battery or a problem with the phone that was caused by damage done to the handset.