How to Install CM10 Jelly Bean Update on Motorola Droid Razr
Motorola’s Droid Razr is the latest gadget to run Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), courtesy an unofficial CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) update with support for Project Butter technology.Cyanogenmod 10 comes with all the goodness of Jelly Bean & there are some attractive features like project butter, smart keyboard, improved notification interface etc. it works very smooth & fast.
- Hardware Acceleration
Installing Jelly Bean Update on Motorola Droid Razr (CM10)
Requirements for the installation
The following procedure will only work on Motorola Droid Razr and will probably not work on any other phone.
Remember to backup all the data and APN settings. The installation will erase it all.
- Make sure that ClockWorkMod (CWM) recovery is installed on your device.
- Download the latest version of CyanogenMod ROM – you can find it here.
- Download The Google Application package from here.
- Copy both files to the SD card. (If you downloaded them via your PC)
- Turn off the phone and boot into CWM recovery by pressing Power and Volume Down buttons. Navigate to the “recovery” icon using the Volume Down button and select it using the power button.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Confirm and wait until the process is complete.
- Choose the install.zip from SD card. Locate the ROM file on card and select. Confirm installation by choosing “Yes”.
- Upon the installation process, choose install.zip from SD card again and on this occasion, select kernel files to install.
- After the kernel installation, select gapps-jb-20120717-signed.zip from the SD card to install the Google Apps package.
- After installation process is finished, reboot the phone and boot into CM10. Take note that the first boot could take up to 5 minutes.
Once devices boots to desktop or home screen, it confirms successful installation of Jelly Bean on the device. For further information and ROM updates, head over to the XDA Developers’ official page.