How To Root Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (GT-I9305) On Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
If you have Galaxy S3 GT-I9305 and have already updated your device to the latest firmware version, you may want to root it to gain full control over the phone. Here is an easy step by step guide to help you How To Root Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (GT-I9305) On Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware.
Important Points To Remember
- Rooting your device may erase personal data and settings on it. Hence, it is advisable to back up apps, important data and settings before you proceed.
- Warranty on the device will be void after rooting it. Just reinstall the official firmware update to reclaim the hardware warranty.
- Download and install Root Checker app from Google Play Store to verify if your Galaxy S3 is rooted successfully or not.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims with device damage or issues arising out of rooting the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Galaxy S3 I9305. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Verify that your phone has at least 80 percent battery power before you proceed, to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the CF-Auto-Root tool using ODIN on your Galaxy S3 I9305
- Ensure that the correct USB drivers are installed for your Galaxy S3 on the computer (download USB drivers)
- Make sure that your Galaxy S3 phone is running on the official Android 4.1.2 XXBLL3 Jelly Bean firmware before you begin the rooting process
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your phone by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development
How to root samsung galaxy s3 I9305 on Official Android 4.1.2 XXBLL3 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1: Download CF-Auto-Root to root I9305XXBLL3 firmware (Filename: CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.zip) and extract the zip file.
Step 2: Download Odin3 v1.85.
Step 3: Power off the phone and put it on Download Mode by pressing Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together. Once you see a warning message on the screen, press Power button again to enter Download Mode.
Step 4: Run Odin3 v1.85.exe as an Administrator.
Step 5: Connect the Galaxy S3 I9305 with your PC using USB cable. A message will appear saying “Added” under the Odin’s message box. In addition, if the device is connected properly, you will see COM port with a number in Yellow.
Step 6: Click the PDA tab in Odin and select the CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5 file.
In Odin window, make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
Step 7: Click on the Start button in Odin to begin the installation.
Step 8: When flashing is completed, you will see a PASS message with green background at the top of Odin. Your device will now reboot automatically.
After you see the Samsung logo, you can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your phone from the computer.
Sources : ibtimes