How To Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini – Tutorial
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is world’s best selling and most successful smartphone, and it beats every Android device out there. It attracted many developers who would develop custom firmware, rooting and custom recovery. However this phone is not for everyone There are few people that find the device just a bit too large. With a 4.8 inch display and 136.6 x 70.6mm dimensions, the phone can be slightly large for kids—and adults with small fingers. So that’s why Samsung decided to release the Galaxy S III Mini.which can be called as a smaller brother of Galaxy S3 🙂 :).
With a smaller frame, the phone is perfect for those that want all of the Galaxy S III features but want a more compact size. The S3 Mini lacked custom recovery, which is a necessary tool to gain root access to the system. But all these challenges could not prevent the phone from being rooted. The Galaxy S3 Mini has now finally got rooted firmware.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
- Pre-rooted XXALK6 firmware for Galaxy S III Mini
- Odin 3 tool
- Samsung USB drivers
- Download this zip file and extract it so you’ve got a tar file.
- Open up Odin 3 (you can download it here).
- Throw the tar file in PDA.
- Put the phone into download mode (Volume Down + Home + Power buttons, and then click on Volume Up).
- Connect your phone to your computer with USB and wait for Odin to detect it.
- Click on Start.
Enjoy root access on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190.
(Source: XDA Developers Forum)