Got a message that says you have to update Flash Player on Mac? Don’t promptly click the update button. If you are not careful, you can accidentally install adware or malware instead of Flash Player. And that’s not what you need, right?
In this article we’ll show you the best way to check for Flash updates and also give you a comprehensive guide to update Adobe Flash Player for Mac safely. Plus, we’ll tell you how to uninstall it from your computer completely.
To update Flash on your Mac
- Press the command key on your keyboard and hit the space bar to open Apple’s Spotlight app.
- Type Flash Player and open the System Preference with that name.
- Click on the Updates tab.
- Click on the Check Now button.
- If an update needs to be installed, the software will prompt you.
That’s it! Don’t let sketchy web sites take advantage of you. This way you’ll stay up to date safely.
Well, as safely as you can with Flash installed, but that’s another story…
safely as you can with Flash installed, but that’s another story…