Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.2 Update: Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Firmware Update Leaked
The Galaxy S3, released in May 2012 originally with the Android Ice Cream Sandwich version 4.0.4, features a 4.8-inch screen with 1,280×720 pixels. Available in 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB internal storage models, the Galaxy S3 has 1GB of RAM with up to 64GB of additional memory after inserting the appropriate microSD card. Camera specifications include 8 megapixels for the rear-facing camera with 3,264×2,448 pixels. The front-facing camera has 1.9 megapixels. The Galaxy S3 comes with a 2,100mAh battery capacity for up to 790 hours of standby time and 11 hours and 40 minutes of talk time when under a 3G network.
Samsung Galaxy S III Android 4.2.2 firmware leaks
A new video from SamMobile shows a leaked Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy S3 that brings some Galaxy S4 features to last year’s flagship phone. For starters, you get the usual Android 4.2 features, including expanded notifications using a two finger swipe that reveals additional options, lockscreen widgets and Daydream support. Other than that, Samsung has also added several features that were introduced on the Galaxy S4.
New enhancements in Android 4.2.2 update
– Android 4.2.2 – Build ID: JDQ39
– New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
– New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
– Driving mode
– Actionable notifications
– New Additions in Notification Center
– Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
– Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
– Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
– Full screen Samsung apps
– New S-Voice (from S4)
– New smart switch widget
– Found more? Tell us about them in the comments below!
– This firmware will increase your binary counter but the current binary and system status will remain official.
– We have re-packaged this firmware from dump files.
– There is no modem in this firmware, so the Modem you will be using before flashing this firmware will remain the same.
– This is a pre-release firmware and not official from Samsung.
– We have fully tested this firmware and this firmware works perfectly as any other official firmware.
Android Version: 4.2.2 – JDQ39 (Jelly Bean)
Region: Middle East
Build Date: 8 May 2013
– Unzip the file
– Open Odin 3.04 (already included in the firmware package)
– Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
– Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
– Add I9300XXUFME3_I9300OJKFME1_HOME.tar.md5 to PDA
– Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
– Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
– If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
– Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
– Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
– Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!