How to Update Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to Android 4.4 KitKat via OmniROM
Samsung’s Galaxy S3, aka GT-I9300, introduced by samsung from the latest portfolio at a big event in London on 3 May 2012. The device was released in 28 European and Middle Eastern countries on 29 May 2012, before being progressively released in other major markets in June 2012.
A quad-core SoC based on ARM, a 720p screen, NFC and Android 4.0 ICS belong to the must-haves of this category today.
Before some days were talking that Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Starts Rolling Out and Today we have come to teach you that How to Update Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to Android 4.4 KitKat via OmniROM, new project created by Xplodwild, Chainfire and Dees_troy along with multiple other contributors.
Before proceeding we remind you that we aren’t responsible for any damage to your device.
Important points before start
- Always make sure to back-up your information using a recommended custom recovery tool, like ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP.
- This Tutorial works only on the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300. (You can check your device compatibility by tapping Settings > About Device > Model Number ).
- Are you sure that you have all the Samsung drivers installed on your computer if not then (download Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 USB drivers).
- enable USB Debugging option by tapping Settings > Developer Options. If you don’t have access to Developer Options yet, go to Settings > About Device and click on the Build Number a few times to enable it.
- Do not start unless you make sure at least 80% battery charge.
- Ensure the device is unlocked (not locked to a specific carrier) and rooted with latest ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery (v22.214.171.124) installed.
Important Downloads Required
- Android 4.4 KitKat OmniROM for Galaxy S3 I9300
- Google Apps (stock) or Google Apps (Full Modular with stock/AOSP launcher)
- CWM Recovery 126.96.36.199
- TWRP Recovery
How to Install Android 4.4 KitKat Update on Galaxy S3 with OmniROM
Download Android 4.4 OmniROM and Google Apps package by using the above links.
Using the USB Cable connect your device to computer and copy both zip files (ROM and Gapps) to your device Without extracting
Power off the phone and wait for 5 to 10 seconds until the device shuts down completely.
Boot your phone into Recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously until you see a Galaxy S3 logo, then release all three to enter recovery mode. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the desired option.
Select “install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard“. Select the ROM file.
As completed Repeat the previous step to install Google Apps as well.
After the completion of this installation process, press “Go back” and then select “Reboot system now” to restart your phone. This may take some time.
fffffffffooooooooooooo…. i have got tired now and going for to take rest but where are you going ? hey buddy enjoy because Your Galaxy S3 I9300 is now running on Android 4.4 KitKat via Omni ROM. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware installed.