Customers who have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 began to receive the latest version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat today. After updating, you’ll see a new system UI, improved GPS, and an improved camera experience, reduced memory usage, wireless printing support, ability to select default launcher and home screen apps. It’s all just a download away.
Here’s the full changelog from AT&T
- Improved user interface: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as re-styled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen-immersive mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security and smarter power use.
- Default messaging app: Choose a default messaging app when multiple messaging services are installed.
- Improved GPS performance
- Enhanced music access: Full screen album art and media controls are available from the lock screen when listening to music.
- Camera access: The camera can also be accessed directly from the lock screen.
- Location menu: An integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS and share location details.
- Wireless printing: Integrated support for wireless printing available in enhanced settings.
- New sound controls: Set sound for specific Samsung applications in enhanced settings.
The OTA will be pushed down to all devices soon, but you can also check for updates manually.