The Galaxy S4 on AT&T started getting its KitKat update today, but the Note 3 is still on the waiting list. Some users were excited to see an OTA notification pop up on Samsung’s latest phablet only to have their hopes crushed by what turns out to be another build of Android 4.3.
Samsung and AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900A). This software package updates the baseband version to N900AUCUBNB4, and includes general performance enhancements for the device.
Software update includes
The update is available for download via Wi-Fi.
- Google Android
- Update GMS apks and libraries (Newsstand 3.0.1 – 6.6MB, Search 18.104.22.1689369 – 10.3MB , YouTube 5.1.10 – 6.5MB)
- Add Google Drive
- ANDROID Patches: – 6923539, 9702645,12118307
- FOTA Enhancements
- Samsung Account Update
What to expect after the update
Although there should be no impacts to settings or data, we recommend that you back up your media files to an SD card, a PC For information on backing up and restoring your phone using Samsung Kies, click here.
How to update
Customers will receive an alert and be prompted to download the update, or have the option to initiate the update manually. When prompted, you can postpone the update up to 3 times, and 4 hours per occurrence. After the update has been postponed for the maximum allowable time, your device will automatically download and install the update.
- To initiate the update manually, connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- From the Home screen, touch Menu Menu key > Settings Settings Shortcut > General Settings More Tab Icon > About device About Device Icon.> Software update > Check for updates.
- Touch OK.
- The device will automatically start downloading the software update. Once complete, touch Continue and the device will update and restart.
- Please wait until your phone reboots completely, and an “Update complete” message displays, and then select Done.
How to verify the update
- From the Home screen, touch Menu Menu key > Settings Settings Shortcut > General Settings More Tab Icon > About device About Device Icon.The following information will be displayed:
- Android version: 4.3
- Baseband version: N900AUCUBNB4
- Build number: JSS15J.N900AUCUBNB4