Customers who have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 4 Active began to receive the latest version of Android 4.4 KitKat today. The exact build number of the update is I537UCUCNC9 and it comes with several interface and performance improvements on board. The update file size varies between 447MB – 877MB depending on your OS version. The update is available over Wi-Fi only.
What to expect after the update
Improved user interface with Android 4.4 KitKat
Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Copy and paste improvements
Easier to insert pictures and videos in email or messages
Camera app accessibility from the lock screen
Call reliability improvements
How to update
- From the Home screen, press Menu Menu key > Settings Settings Icon > More More Icon > About device About Device Icon > Software update.
- Touch Check for updates.
- Touch OK.
- Touch Continue.
NOTE: If you are not connected to Wi-Fi you will not be able to continue, select Remind me later.
- The device will automatically start downloading the software update. Once complete, the device will restart. Please wait until your phone reboots completely, and then select Done to finish.
How to verify the update
- From the Home screen, press Menu Menu key > Settings Settings Icon > More More Icon > About device About Device Icon.
- The following information will be displayed:
- Android version: 4.4.2
- Baseband version: I537UCUCNC2
- Build number: KOT49H.I537UCUCNC2