It’s important to note that this is very early software and the Android M Developer Preview is intended for developers only. Be warned that manually installing Android M is not for novice users, and it’s quite possible to brick your device if you don’t know what you’re doing.
It’s important to back up any data installed on your phone or tablet before you begin since this will be lost in the process
- Download ADB Tools and unpack the zip file
- Download Android M preview for your Nexus (and unpack it in the ADB Tools folder):
Nexus 5 | Nexus 6 | Nexus 9 | Nexus Player
- An unlocked bootloader
- USB Debugging enabled
- The relevant drivers installed on your computer
Install Android M on your Nexus now
1. Turn your Nexus off.
2. Press and hold Power and Volume Down to restart your Nexus to the bootloader.
3. Connect your Nexus to your computer with a USB cable.
4. Open a Windows Explorer window and find the unpacked firmware you downloaded to the ADB Tools folder.
5. Double click the flash-all.bat file and let it do its thing.
6. Your Nexus will reboot and be running the Android M preview, version 3.