Samsung started to update the Galaxy Ace 2 NFC to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Thanks to Android 4.1.2 the Galaxy Ace 2 will completely feel new. The update brings along Samsung’s TouchWiz Nature UX along with the major smoothness benefits of Jelly Bean’s Project Butter.
Prerequisites before you install 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official update for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Ace 2 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option.
- Ensure that your Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 carries more than 70% of charge.
- Stock ROM packages come in two formats: Full-Wipe (deletes the stored data after flashing) & Non-Wipe (doesn’t delete phone’s stored data). It is though highly recommended that you should back up all the important files stored in Ace’s internal memory before flashing regardless of stock ROM package.
- Make sure to close the KIES and stop it even from running in the system tray. KIES interrupts Odin and will block it from flashing.
How to install 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Update for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160:
- Turn off your Ace 2 and put your device in Download Mode: press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons simultaneously until you see a construction Android robot in phone screen. Then press Volume Up key again to enter into Download Mode after the warning screen comes up.
- Run the Odin exe as an Administrator because admin privileges are required to complete this installation process smoothly.
- Next connect your Ace 2 I8160 with your computer using a USB cable. When connected successfully, you will get a message under Odin’s message box saying “Added!!”. In case you don’t get it then try another USB port. You should also see ID:OM turning blue to confirm if you successfully have added your device.
- Now, locate the firmware .tar.md5 file: Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file with *code* appearing in its name. Ensure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check-boxes are only two selected in Odin.
- Double check everything in above step and hit the START button to initiate the installation process.
- When the installation is completed successfully, your Ace 2 will reboot automatically. You will soon get a PASS message in ODIN. Now you can safely unplug the USB cable and disconnect your Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 from your computer.
Confirm the update by dialing *#1234#.