Unfortunately if you buy a Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 on contract it will come SIM-locked so you will not be able to use it on another carrier, either from your country or another one. In order to be able to use the SIM from another carrier, the Galaxy S2 must be unlocked. After unlocking your device will be SIM free and it will be working with virtually any SIM.
Before beginning the SIM unlock guide, you need to have a rooted S2 device. As you probably know, when you’re applying a rooting procedure the warranty for your device will be void.
This guide and all instructions listed here are only for educational and instructional purpose, so do not blame us if you brick your device or lose any data from them.
- Download and install Galaxy S2 SIM unlock here.
- Make sure that your device’s battery is at least 30% full, because it might take some time.
- Launch the application and tap “SIM unlock code”.
- Once you get the code, note it down and shut down your device.
- Insert a SIM from a different carrier and turn on your phone.
- When your Galaxy S2 requires you to insert the code, use the one you noted down.
- If the code works, your device is now unlocked. But if it didn’t, you should NOT try it again because your device might get freezed.