Eight weeks after the official launch of the Galaxy S5, the mobile community still hasn’t managed to root the Verizon or AT&T models of the phone. Although subscribers from other carriers have been able to root their phones ever since launch day, but fortunately yesterday ‘geohot’, XDA member posted his one-step solution for rooting the Samsung Galaxy S5 on Verizon.
Here the procedure
1. Download the Towelroot apk file indicated with the lambda sign on the default website;
2. If you went to towelroot.com from your mobile device, just install the downloaded APK file – remember to check the “Install from unknown sources” option from the developer menu in your phone or tablet’s settings;
3. If you downloaded on your computer, sideload the Towelroot APK, and install it on your handset;
4. Run the Towelroot app, and click on the “Make it ra1n” button in the middle, then wait for about 15 seconds until the phone reboots, and you are now free to remove bloatware, ads, or TouchWiz altogether, as rooting will open the floodgates of custom ROMs and tweaks very soon.
5. If you have a kernel with a date later than June 3rd, when the latest patch was released, just install a previous kernel for your device, and you’ll be able to utilize the Towelroot goods, too.