Recently Google added a new phone to its Nexus franchise “Nexus 5”. Couple of weeks later, an easy root for the device has been launched by Chainfire which is consists of CF-Auto-Root tool. You can easily root your Nexus 5 by following these simple steps.
– First download the Auto-Root ZIP file. Here is the link
– You might face fast boot driver issue so, download Android SDK also.
– Extract the downloaded Auto-Root ZIP to a directory and install Android SDK to your PC.
– For this process to work, your device should be in fastboot mode. For going in to the fastboot mode, first turn off your device and then press and hold volume down + power button.
– Once you are in fastboot mode, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
– If you are using windows: Run root-windows.bat from the directory where you extract Auto-Root.
– For linux: chmod +x root-linux.sh
– For Mac OS X: chmod +x root-mac.sh
Now you have to follow the instructions given on both your PC and phone screen. Usually when you are rooting your device for the first time, it will wipe all your data. So you should backup your data before rooting your device. This process will only work when your device’s bootloader is unlocked. If your bootloader is unlocked you are good. If not, you can follow these instructions to unlock your bootloader.
– First you have to enable USB debugging mode. For that go to setting, Developer options and turn it on. If you are using Android 4.2 or higher then go to setting, About phone and tap on your build number until a message pops up saying ‘Now you are a developer’ then follow the previous process.
– Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
– Type these commands in command prompt:
– adb reboot-bootloader
– fastbootoem unlock
Follow the instructions on your phone’s screen and your device’s bootloader will be unlocked.
Disclaimer:We are not responsible for any kind of damage done to your device by following upper steps. Perform them at your own risk.