T-Mobile says that its version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 is getting an update starting today, The update bumps the S4 to baseband M919UVUFOH3 and includes a patch for the Stagefright vulnerability.
Stagefright is the name of a security vulnerability that was discovered in Android recently, it can allow hackers to gain access to a target’s device only by sending a video clip with embedded malware through a MMS message.
How To Download Download update via OTA
Check for updates
To check for updates and download the update from the Samsung servers, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the More tab.
- Tap About device.
- Tap Software update.
- If you are not connected to Wi-Fi, you will receive a prompt to connect.
- If Wi-Fi is not available, tap on OK.
- If the update is not available, you will receive the message The device is up-to-date.
6.Follow the on-screen prompts.
7.Wait as your phone restarts and updates.
- You will receive a notification message when the update is available for you.
- From the message Notification Screen, tap Download.
- Tap Install Now.
- Wait as your phone restarts and updates.