The Verizon Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge are receiving updates today to software version VRU4CPH1 that seem to have focused primarily on improving WiFi and HD Calling on Big Red’s network.
The full changelog can be seen below:
- Fewer dropped Wi-Fi voice calls
- Video calls using a cellular network will start with a pop-up reminder that you’ll be using data
- Ensures you can only make HD Voice Calls when connected to the 4G LTE network
- Improvements to HD Voice Call volume
- You can now register for Voice over Wi-Fi calling when roaming
If you own a Verizon-branded Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge, reside in the US and would like to install the update, simply head into Settings » About Device, then tap the Download Updates Manually button. Alternatively, you can wait until you receive a push notification prompting you to download and install the update from Samsung’s servers, but you’ll only receive this alert if you have at least 50% of battery.